(1928-2012) Margaret Sweany was intrigued by engineering, architecture and constructing useful solutions for spatial needs. Her early love and talent for drawing drove her to be the first female drafting student in her high school (1940’s). Margaret’s talents encompassed both two and three-dimensional work. She attended John Herron School of Art where she met and married Paul J Sweany. Together they raised four daughters in an environment saturated by creativity, art and music. Margaret is best known for her terra cotta ceramic sculpture. She taught clay courses at the Indianapolis Art Center, where she and Paul were active teacher/members for over 50 years. After retiring to Bloomington in 1999, she began experimenting with oil paints and creating collages from old magazines and photos. Her collage work highlights her wonderful wit and keen sense of humor.